The best credit cards in 2022 are based on our own personal research and are placed in no particular order. In this article we have taken into consideration a combination of lucrative rewards, extended promotional APRs on purchases, or balance transfers. In addition, you can find generous welcome offers and generally favorable terms and conditions. So, keep reading and don’t miss any details. Next, we will tell you about the 6 best credit cards that really stacked up this 2022 along with pros, cons, additional benefits and their respective bonus category.
Citi® Double Cash Card
Best for: Earning cash back rewards | Required Credit Score: Good / Excellent.
This product is one of the best credit cards you can find on the market. It is a simple rewards card that continues to offer a fairly solid and reliable fixed rate cash back program since its official launch in 2014.
Among its main features we mention that:
- Cardholders get a 2% cash back on all purchases.
- In addition, 1% when you make any purchase and an additional 1% when paying your credit card bill.
- There is no limit to the amount of cash back you can earn and you don’t have to worry about activating the bonus categories, they are automatic.
- Cash refunds can be redeemed for a statement credit or direct deposit.
- During the year, you can earn approximately $500 in cash back.
If you are looking for our personal recommendation, we can tell you that this card is also a good option for debt consolidation. In fact, you can enjoy a 0% APR for the first 18 months on balance transfers (after this period you will have a variable APR between 13.99% and 23.99%). Therefore, you should only make sure to transfer balance within four months of opening the account. Lastly, this product comes with a 3% balance transfer fee (or the $5 minimum); This factor can be offset by the amount of money you are saving in interest.
Pros of Citi® Double Cash Card
- 2% cash back on all purchases.
- Simple and easy to understand rewards return program. In addition, it does not require activation or spending caps.
- It has one of the longest introductory APR periods, for balance transfers you will have 18 months of 0% APR.
Cons of Citi® Double Cash Card
- This credit card does not offer a welcome bonus, so you cannot maximize the rewards during the first few months of opening the account.
- $25 minimum cash back redemption.
- A 3% fee is charged on purchases made outside of the US.
Best for: Cards with no Annual Fee / Extended introductory (0%) APR periods.
In this 2021, BankAmericard of Bank of America is a product that is still in force and surprising its new users. Among its main characteristics we can mention:
- No annual maintenance fee (No Fee).
- 0% introductory APR for 18 billing cycles for purchases and for any balance transfers made within the first 60 days.
- After the introductory APR offer ends, a variable APR of 12.99% to 22.99% applies. Additionally, the bank will charge a 3% fee (minimum $10) on all balance transfers.
- APR without penalty. Therefore, paying late will not automatically increase your interest rate (APR).
- You will be able to access your FICO Score for free within online banking or your mobile banking application.
- No annual maintenance fee.
- Wide introductory APR period, ideal for purchases and balance transfers.
- Exclusive Bank of America benefits.
Cons of BankAmericard®
- No welcome bonus
- No luxury rewards
Titanium Rewards Visa® Signature
Best for: Low Interest / Low APR Purchases | Credit score required: Does not apply
The Andrews Federal Credit Union Titanium Rewards Visa® Signature Card is one of the best credit cards for 2021; Especially if what you are looking for is a credit card with a low interest rate. In addition, you will have a solid rewards program, you will not have to worry about additional fees in foreign transactions or annual charges for card maintenance. Among its most notable features are:
- It offers a variable APR from 8.49% to 15.49%.
- If you have a large balance, you can benefit from low interest charges compared to other cards that have high interest rates.
- Balance transfers incur a 1.50% fee per transfer, with a minimum of $50.
- Offers a generous rewards program
- You can earn 3 points on gas and grocery purchases.
- 1.5 points on all other purchases.
- In addition, you will have a welcome bonus of 10,000 points after spending $ 1,500 within the first 90 days of opening your account.
However, keep in mind that to apply for this card you will need to join Andrews Federal Credit Union. However, if you do not meet the qualification requirements, you can choose to join the American Consumer Council (ACC) for free with the exclusive Andrews Federal promo code “Andrews”.
Pros of Titanium Rewards Visa® Signature
- No annual maintenance fee (No Fee)
- Variable annual percentage rate drops from 8.49% to 15.49%
- There are no fees for purchases made outside of the US
- You can save up to $ 600 per year in interest
Cons of Titanium Rewards Visa® Signature
- Membership in a credit union is required, although it is free
- No special financing on purchases or balance transfers
- Balance transfer fee of 1.5%, with a minimum fee of $50
Chase Sapphire Reserve®
Best for: Rewards Program Bonus | Credit score required: Excellent
If you are a food lover and travel frequently, you can take advantage of this product. It is a card with luxury benefits and advantages such as: Free access to different airport lounges and free hotel room upgrades. Among its most notable advantages are:
- Cardholders earn 3 points for every purchase to spend on food and travel around the world.
- You can earn approximately $ 165 per year in rewards just for restaurant purchases; all of this assuming you redeem your travel rewards through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
The value of Chase reward points varies depending on how you use them:
- If you redeem points for cash and gift cards, each point is worth $0.01, which means that 100 points equal $ 1 in redemption value
- This card has a unique benefit where all points are worth 50% more when redeemed for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Cardholders can take advantage of a Priority membership
- Pass ™ Select which has a value of approximately $429
- Finally, you can get an application fee credit from Global
- Entry or TSA PreCheck up to $100 every four years.
While this card has a solid rewards program, it also comes with a $550 annual fee. All additional card credits and benefits provided by Chase can help offset the annual cost. On the other hand, the annual travel credit of $ 300 effectively reduces the annual fee to $150.
Pros of Chase Sapphire Reserve®
- $300 Annual Travel Credit for Travel Purchases
- Global Entry or TSA PreCheck application fee credit of up to $ 100 every four years
- Access to Priority Pass ™ Select lounges in more than 1,000 lounges in more than 500 cities around the world
- Points are worth 50% more when redeemed for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Special benefits at The Luxury Hotel & Resort Collection
- Free subscription to DashPass for a minimum of one year when activated before December 31, 2021
- $60 DoorDash Credit in 2021
- Complimentary Lyft Pink Membership Year
Cons of Chase Sapphire Reserve®
- High annual fee of $550, but can be offset by taking full advantage of the card
- No introductory APR
Blue Cash Preferred® de American Express
Best for: Grocery Bonuses / Cash Back / Rewards Program | Required Credit Score: Good / Excellent
This is the ideal card for those people who enjoy shopping in supermarkets and earning bonuses for it. Blue Cash Preferred® by American Express offers the highest cash back rate in supermarkets in the U.S. In fact, the Cash Back rate is calculated at 6% (up to $ 6,000 per year on purchases, then it will become 1 %). Its main characteristics are:
- 6% cash back at US supermarkets with up to $ 6,000 per year in purchases (then 1%)
- 6% cash back on US streaming subscriptions
- 3% cash back at US gas stations
- 3% cash back in transit, including taxis / shared rides, parking, tolls, trains, buses, and more
- 1% cash back on other purchases. Reimbursement is received in the form of reward dollars that can be redeemed as a statement credit
- Cardholders can also take advantage of Amex offers, where users get a statement credit or additional cash back at select retailers
- Finally, this card comes with an annual fee of $ 95 (does not apply in the first year), but can be offset by the cash back you earn and the discounts you can get through the Amex Deals.
Pros of Blue Cash Preferred®
- High cash reimbursement rate for expenses in US supermarkets
- Unlimited 6% cash back on US streaming subscriptions
- Unlimited 3% cash back at US gas stations and in transit
Cons of Blue Cash Preferred®
- 2.7% commission on purchases made abroad
- You must pay $ 95 Annual Maintenance Fee (after the first year)
Chase Sapphire Preferred®
Best for: Frequent Flyers / Point flexibility | Required Credit Score: Good / Excellent
It’s one of the best travel and beginner credit cards in the credit world thanks to its low annual fee, generous rewards structure, and various travel protections. Although, it lacks some of the solid perks found on more premium travel cards. For example: you will not have priority boarding, access to the VIP lounges and free checked luggage. However, this card can be a good option for novice travelers looking to get rewards on their flights and hotel stays without a lot of money. Among its benefits we have:
- You’ll earn 80,000 bonus points as a welcome offer after spending $4,000 on purchases in the first three months of account opening
- Also, you can earn an additional statement credit of up to $50 for grocery purchases (single statement credit: available for 12 months from account opening)
- You’ll earn 2 points for every meal purchase (including eligible delivery services). Plus, you can earn up to 5 points on Lyft rides through March 2022 and 10 points on purchases of up to $500 on takeout orders and prepaid reservations through Chase Dining
- Currently, the APR for this card is variable and is calculated between 15.99% to 22.99%.
Pros of Chase Sapphire Preferred®
- No fees for foreign transactions
- Relatively low annual fee of $ 95 per year
- Wide variety of major airlines and hotels to redeem your rewards
- 25% value increase in points redeemed for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards
- Generous welcome offer.
Cons of Chase Sapphire Preferred®
- There is no 0% introductory APR offer on purchases or balance transfers
- Lack of some premium travel benefits like free checked luggage and lounge access
Choosing the best credit card depends on where you are on your credit journey. Although, it will always be important that you take a look at different options and take the time to compare between offers. Remember that if you are new to the world of credit or trying to recover from previous financial setbacks, your top priority should probably be building credit. However, each situation for each client can be completely different.